A few T&Cs (i.e. the legal bit)
In buying Eureka! tickets you agree to adhere to our terms and conditions
- Any children under the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Booking, Payment & Cancellations
- The Eureka! Museum and Grounds are private property. Entry to our grounds is free during opening hours, however all persons entering the Museum must pay for admission or hold a valid Eureka! Annual Pass.
- Full payment by will be required at the time of booking. Payment can be made by credit/debit card.
- All bookings are non-transferable and not for resale.
- All visits must be booked in advance via our website and are valid on the date set out in the booking reservation. This includes all annual pass visits not incurring a charge.
See Annual Pass information below regarding Pass terms and conditions.
- Bookings will only be exchanged or refunded if Eureka!, in its absolute discretion, chooses to do so. For the avoidance of any doubt, the total cost of a booking is non-refundable in the event that admission is refused or relinquished for any reason referred to in these terms and conditions.
- If booking a visit on behalf of other guests, the person booking the visit accepts these terms and conditions on behalf of every guest and shall ensure that those guests comply with these terms and conditions.
- You should contact Eureka! immediately on 01422 330069 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to amend or cancel your booking. We will consider any reasons for cancellation sympathetically and will try to assist you. If requested by you, we will attempt to offer you a visit on an alternative date, however your annual pass can still be activated and used for 12 months following your initial booking date so there is no need to contact us to change your visit date.
Eureka! is a place for families. We believe that play is crucial for our wellbeing, and for the future of our children. By agreeing to these terms and conditions of entering Eureka! The National Children’s Museum during restrictions due to COVID-19, you are agreeing that you understand the following:
- Adult visitors must wear a face covering by law whilst inside the museum. There are some circumstances, for health, age or equality reasons where people are exempt from wearing face coverings. Children under the age of 11 do not need to wear a face covering.
- We expect all visitors to be mindful and respectful of other visitors and staff at all times, noting that some people may not be able to wear face coverings, and that the reasons for this may not be visible to others. The law states that you do not need to wear a face covering if you have a legitimate reason not to. These are listed in full on the government website.
- Respect others – We want you to relax and play while you’re here. To do this as safely as possible we need you to keep a safe distance from other visitors and adhere to social distancing guidelines, take notice of any one-way systems and additional signage installed to help us maintain our COVID-Secure status. Please help your children give others space to play too.
- Use the sanitising stations – we have added more hand sanitising stations in each gallery. These are there for the use of all visitors. Please use them and help you children to use them too.
- Pay by card if you can – if you are buying something in the café or shop, we would prefer you to use contactless where possible.
- Talk to us – we have lots of staff here to support your visit. If you need something, or have any questions, please talk to us – we are all here to help, and ensure your day goes as smoothly as possible!
Only visit if everyone in your family is feeling well.
Our Annual Pass
- To convert a day ticket into an annual pass you must give the names of everyone on the initial visit and include an address.
- Annual Passes are non-transferable – they can only be used by the people who came on the initial visit and who are named on the pass.
- In order to use your annual pass for a revisit, you MUST activate your pass by entering the names and dates of birth for everyone on the pass. You can also upload a photograph for the purposes of ID for future visits. We will not use your photo or information for any purpose other than to verify your identity on future visits.
- Photo ID will be required on all future visits, unless you upload a photo ID onto our annual pass system.
- Please note that the Annual Pass is not valid for school trips, birthday parties or group visits.
- Please note that people using Tesco Days Out Vouchers are not eligible for the free annual pass upgrade.
- If you book your visit and are then unable to visit on the date booked, your annual pass can still be activated and used for 12 months following your initial booking date so there is no need to contact us to change your visit date.
About our online annual pass system
- You can activate and complete your annual pass online or, if you encounter problems, call us on 01422 330069.
- If you choose to upload a photo, please note that you can only upload a photo once. This is to prevent fraudulent use of the pass as the photo uploaded is used in leiu of photo ID on future visits.
- Once you have activated and completed your pass, there is no need to print anything out. On arrival you will be asked for your your postcode and we’ll look you up on the system. You must still book all subsequent visits online prior to attending Eureka!
Eureka! reserves the right to…
- refuse admission and/or cancel any passes suspected of being used fraudulently
- change these terms and conditions as necessary, at any time.
- We reserve the right in our absolute discretion to vary the opening and closing dates of Eureka! and to close, remove or cancel all or any part of the galleries, events or facilities for any reason including, but not limited to, technical, health and safety and/or operational reasons or due to special events or private functions. The full value or any part of the value of the Annual Pass will not be refunded nor will any compensation be offered.