Working scientifically, pupils will become rocket engineers to test and identify the best fuel for blasting a rocket.
They will design and make a rocket case before launching their team’s rocket to see if they chose the right fuel.
- Find out about the Apollo missions and how man first landed on the Moon
- Understand the basic science behind how rockets work
- Learn that different substances produce chemical reactions
- Learn how to work effectively as a team to complete set tasks
- Observing closely, using simple equipment
- Performing simple tests
- Identifying and classifying
- Using their observations and ideas to suggest answers to questions
- Gathering and recording data to help in answering questions
Running throughout the Autumn Term 2019 excluding:
- 18th October – 4th November