Eureka! The National Children’s Museum is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, please be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Eureka! The National Children’s Museum may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 January 2017.
What we collect
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to, and use of, this website (including your internet provider address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation and details);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- any other information relevant to Eureka! The National Children’s Museum.
What we do with the information we gather
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- send you general commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website; and
- other uses.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
What we don’t do
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing – under any circumstances.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking ‘Tools’, ‘Internet Options’ and ‘Privacy’, and selecting ‘Block all cookies’ using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over the other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Eureka! The National Children’s Museum
Eureka! is a registered educational charity, number 292758