Eureka! is an educational charity number: 292758
Registered office: Discovery Road, Halifax, West Yorkshire HX1 2NE, United Kingdom.
Company Limited by Guarantee. Registered in England no: 1948578
Legal Statement: Copyright
This website and its content are the copyright of Eureka! The National Children’s Museum ©Eureka! 2017. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system. If you have any questions around content usage, please contact us.
Eureka! The National Children’s Museum is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, including people with visual, hearing, cognitive or motor impairments.
This website follows the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Accessibility Initiative Guidelines to an AA standard. Maintaining an accessible site is an ongoing process and we are continually working to provide the most inclusive experience we can. If you have any suggestions on how we can further improve our accessibility please contact us with your comments, views or feedback about this website.
Please note that content from external sites that we link to or present on our site may not yet reach these standards. For example some content may use third party YouTube videos that are not fully compliant because they are from sources that are not within our direct control.
Eureka! website accessibility preferences
You can change the way this website looks to suit your preferences. The settings that do this differ from browser to browser, but most browsers offer some or all of the following:
- Text size: If you find the size of the text too small you can easily adjust it by using the font size setting in your browser. If you use Internet Explorer 6, go to the ‘View’ menu, select ‘Text Size’ and then select ‘Larger’. If you use Internet Explorer 7 and 8 or Firefox, you can increase the text size using the zoom function by pressing and holding down ‘Ctrl’ and ‘+’. If you have low vision this will allow you to see the text more clearly. Use ‘Ctrl’ and ‘-‘ to decrease the text size again.
- Colours: Some users who rely on screen magnifiers can find white backgrounds difficult to use because of glare, so we have opted to use a coloured background on the Eureka! website. However, you can change both the background and text colours by changing some settings in your browser. If you use Internet Explorer, look in the ‘Tools’ menu, select ‘Internet Options’, then ‘Colors’ and make changes to text and background colours in the ‘Colors’ panel.
Documents and accessibility
Downloadable documents and/or resources are created in standard Microsoft Office programs such as Word, or saved as Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF). Adobe Reader enables you to read PDFs. The latest versions of Adobe Reader (7.0 and above) offer more in the way of accessibility than earlier versions. You can find the latest version of Adobe Reader on the Adobe website.
If you use Windows, there is a program called Accessibility Wizard that enables you to set preferences for using your PC and the internet. To find the Accessibility Wizard, look in the ‘Start’ menu, select ‘Programs’, ‘Accessories’, ‘Accessibility’ and ‘Accessibility Wizard’ then follow the instructions.
The Eureka! website has been developed to support a reasonable range of web browsers and operating systems. If using Internet Explorer, the Eureka! website is best viewed on versions 9.0 upwards.