Sat 25 May - Sun 2 June 2013 (half-term)
Join Peter Pan, Wendy, Captain Hook, and Tinkerbell as we explore Neverland with fun and games that bring JM Barrie’s story to life. Activities will include…
- Making a fairy or goblin house to place at the bottom of your garden for Tinkerbell’s friends
- Listening to stories told by Wendy and Peter in the Darling household nursery
- Pirate and fairy themed activities in the under 5′s creativity space
Free with standard admission or your Eureka! Annual Pass.
Did you know?
- JM Barrie gave the Peter Pan rights to Great Ormond Street Hospital in 1929.
- Peter didn’t originally need fairy dust to fly – this was added to the story later after reports that children had hurt themselves trying to fly from their beds or windows! So, Barrie introduced fairy dust to prevent further accidents.
- The character Wendy was named for a little girl called Margaret Henley, who Barrie befriended before she sadly died at the age of six. Margaret would call Barrie ‘my friendy’, which she lisped as ‘fwendy’ or ‘wendy.’
To find out more about JM Barrie and Peter Pan, visit Great Ormond Street Hospital’s Peter Pan Homepage.
Want to sponsor this event?
Call Chloe on 01422 330069, or email the events team.
- Pyjama Drama at Eureka!
- Play with a Purpose – Coming soon!
- Access All Areas
- Latest news
- Eureka! Blog
You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation." - Plato