So how does it work?
Our team are all trained in autism awareness, and for our dedicated grotto sessions we’ll also tailor the sessions in a number of ways by:
- turning off any flashing festive lights
- having bookable sessions to prevent the need to queue (for general grotto sessions it’s first-come, first-served)
- adjust lighting to suit each child (some prefer dimmed lighting, some prefer the lights right up)
- turn the festive music off!
- Remove beards or any costume items that are triggers for individual children.
At the start of each 10 minute visit, our elf will discuss your child’s individual requirements, before nipping in to see Santa and make sure that everything is just as you requested.
So when’s it happening?
Our grotto is open every weekend from 25 November, and daily from 16-23 December 2017.
Autism-friendly sessions will run from 10am-11am on grotto days, with bookable 10 minute slots available – book at the the Info Desk on arrival. The grotto will open to the general public at 11am.
Standard grotto charge of £3 per child applies, and includes a small gift for each child (you must also pay for admission to Eureka! or have a Eureka! Annual Pass).
- Autism-friendly timeslots cannot be booked before your visit – book and pay at the Information Desk on arrival.
- What if you arrive and no more slots are available? Don’t worry – we’ll put you at the front of the queue for the general public grotto session starting at 11am. Unfortunately we can’t offer bookable slots during this session, but will still be able to offer the other tailored, autism-friendly elements.
- Autism friendly timeslots are available on grotto dates only: 25th & 26th November, 2nd, 3rd, 9th, 10th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21th, 22th, 23rd December.