Early Years Visits
We make learning memorable
Gallery visit – £6 per child
Get hands-on and explore our six themed galleries. Guided by you, students can step inside giant body parts, experience the world of work in a bank, garage, and shop, and even chat to a robot. Includes:
- A focused hour in one of our galleries – ideal for exploring a specific curriculum topic. Check out our interactive galleries.
- An hour to explore the museum from top to bottom! A great opportunity to let imaginations roam free.
Combined workshop and gallery visit – £7.25 per child
Our trained Enablers excel at delivering workshops designed to captivate and surprise. We ensure all content is relevant to each key stage and our themed programme changes every term (see below).
An hour to explore the museum from top to bottom! A great opportunity to let imaginations roam free.
What else is included?
- Free teacher preview visit – two free teacher visits per class ahead of your trip
- Free adult places 1:3 children
- Under-cover lunch area reserved for your class
- Free on-site coach parking
- Bag and coat storage
- Visit to the gift shop
- Eureka! staff welcoming you so you won’t need to queue
Schools can book to visit Eureka! from Tuesdays to Fridays during term time. Just give us a call on 01422 330012.
Term dates for 2016/2017 are:
- Autumn: 6 Sept to 16 Dec 2016
- Spring: 3 Jan to 31 March 2017
- Summer: 25 April to 21 July 2017
Choose from either a 10am or 11am arrival.
Christmas at Eureka! available 29 November to 16 December
£7.25 per child (or £9.25 per child if you choose to visit the Grotto and Eureka! provides the gift)
Early Years and KS1 groups can book a magical visit to Eureka! this December and take part in the following activities:
- Snow Day! – An interactive show exploring all the fun the winter season brings as a child experiences snow for the very first time
Drop-in creative play in Imagination Space on the snow/ice theme
- Santa’s Grotto – If you would like your children to meet Santa at Eureka! we can arrange for them to visit our enchanted Grotto in small groups. If you would like each child to receive a gift then there are two options – We can provide a gift for £2 or you can bring along your own gifts for Santa to give to the children.
- Plus plenty of time to explore the museum galleries and an undercover picnic area to eat your own packed lunch.
(Bookings are for groups of 10 or more children in nursery or reception classes. Bookings must be made at least 7 days in advance of the preferred date. Childminders are also welcome. Places are limited to please book early to avoid disappointment.)
Programmes available 17 January to 29 March 2017
Available 17 Jan – 8 Feb, 28 Feb – 9 Mar & 21 – 29 March
Specially designed for pre-school and reception, these fun and interactive workshops bring familiar tales to life. Children love these multi-sensory sessions which include time for them to create their own unique story. Perfect for developing communication and language skills and linked to the ELGs. Choose from:
We’re Going on a Bear Hunt, The Gruffalo’s Child, Rainbow Fish or Room on the Broom
Feedback for our School workshops:
“Had a fantastic time! Well organised and looked after!”
“Reach for the Stars was perfect for the age of our children & it has fuelled the children’s enthusiasm for doing a space topic. We have done a 3 week mini topic which has come out of our visit.”
“The ‘Nature’s stage’ show was really engaging and the whole class (+staff!) enjoyed it. Great outdoor area too.”
Call us on 01422 330012 for more info or to book your visit!
- Primary Visits
- Early Years Visits
- Special Schools
- Home Educators
- Brownie Adventure Days
- Museum Sleepovers
- Education Updates
- Children’s University
Play gives children a chance to practice what they are learning... They have to play with what they know to be true in order to find out more, and then they can use what they learn in new forms of play." - Fred Rogers