Early Years Visits
We make learning memorable
Gallery visit – £6 per child
Get hands-on and explore our six themed galleries. Guided by you, students can step inside giant body parts, experience the world of work in a bank, garage, and shop, and even chat to a robot. Includes:
- A focused hour in one of our galleries – ideal for exploring a specific curriculum topic. Check out our interactive galleries.
- An hour to explore the museum from top to bottom! A great opportunity to let imaginations roam free.
Combined workshop and gallery visit – £7.25 per child
Our trained Enablers excel at delivering workshops designed to captivate and surprise. We ensure all content is relevant to each key stage and our themed programme changes every term (see below).
An hour to explore the museum from top to bottom! A great opportunity to let imaginations roam free.
What else is included?
- Free teacher preview visit – two free teacher visits per class ahead of your trip
- Free adult places 1:3 children
- Under-cover lunch area reserved for your class
- Free on-site coach parking
- Bag and coat storage
- Visit to the gift shop
- Eureka! staff welcoming you so you won’t need to queue
Schools can book to visit Eureka! from Tuesdays to Fridays during term time. Just give us a call on 01422 330012.
Term dates for 2015/2016 are:
- Autumn: 8 Sept to 18 Dec 2015
- Spring: 5 Jan to 18 March 2016
- Summer: 12 April to 22 July 2016
Choose from either a 10am or 11am arrival.
22 September to 20 November 2015:
In this 1 hour workshop children will engage their senses with a range of activities connecting with food. They will investigate textures, tastes and smells and use a variety of tools to explore and to make observations and measurements – all wrapped up in sticky, enjoyable and risky play fun!
Download the teacher’s pack for Food for Thought
Sensory Stories – Early Years, Y1, SEN
Our Sensory Stories are great fun, multi-sensory and thoroughly interactive! All children like stories and they will love these exciting tales all complemented with sensory activities and delivered by our trained Enablers. They’re ideal for Early Years or children with Special Educational Needs or complex disabilities.
- Bear Hunt
- The Gruffalo’s Child
- Rainbow Fish
- Animal Bop (rhythm and rhymes)
- Room on the Broom
- Polar Bear, Polar Bear
- Aliens Love Underpants
Magic and Sparkle this Christmas!
Available Tues 1 – Fri 18 Dec (excluding Mondays & Tues 15 Dec)
Early Years and KS1 groups can book a magical visit to Eureka! this December and take part in the following activities…
- A brand new show exploring the magic of light and colour, perfect for brightening up those cold winter days.
- Drop-in craft and creative play along the theme of light and shadow.
Plus plenty of time to explore the museum galleries and an undercover picnic area to eat your own packed lunch.
If you would like your children to meet Santa at Eureka! we can arrange for them to visit our enchanted Grotto in small groups of 10 children at a time. If you would like each child to receive a gift then there are two options:
- You provide the gifts and hand them to our staff on arrival for Santa to give to the children – no additional charge.
- Eureka! provides the gifts at an additional cost of £2 per child.
Places cost £7.25 per child (or £9.25 per child if you choose to visit the Grotto and Eureka! provides the gift).
Early Years Galleries Enhancements
Cost: £6.50/child, up to 20 children per session
When you book a visit to one of our Early Years galleries you can also choose to book an Enabler (subject to availability) to support your focus hour who will enhance the gallery themes through the use of exhibits, props, storytelling and song.
Let’s explore… the desert
Take a trip to the Mojave desert to explore Desert Discovery. Gather round the fire pit and tell your fellow adventurers a story, climb inside the cosy cave and say ‘hello’ to a friendly coyote. An imaginative environment offering our youngest visitors the opportunity to explore, build, create and communicate.
Let’s explore… the garden
Shrink to the size of a caterpillar and explore the SoundGarden! Climb inside the giant honeycomb, investigate the magpie’s nest and create your own butterfly and watch it fly away. There’s lots for little ones to enjoy in this larger than life sensory garden.
- Summer Term 2016 – a special Early Years Week in May and ‘Splash!’ – a new session for EY groups focussing on water.
Feedback for our School workshops:
“Had a fantastic time! Well organised and looked after!”
“Reach for the Stars was perfect for the age of our children & it has fuelled the children’s enthusiasm for doing a space topic. We have done a 3 week mini topic which has come out of our visit.”
“The ‘Nature’s stage’ show was really engaging and the whole class (+staff!) enjoyed it. Great outdoor area too.”
Call us on 01422 330012 for more info or to book your visit!
- Magic and Sparkle this Christmas!
- Primary Visits
- Early Years Visits
- Special Schools
- Home Educators
- Discover: All About Me
- Education Updates
- Children’s University
When children pretend, they’re using their imaginations to move beyond the bounds of reality. A stick can be a magic wand. A sock can be a puppet. A small child can be a superhero." - Fred Rogers