Early Years Visits
What can you book?
A self-guided gallery visit (£6 per child)
- An hour in an individual gallery – ideal for focusing on a particular theme
- An hour to explore Eureka! – a great opportunity for children to be more independent and to take the lead with your support
A workshop plus gallery visit (from £6.50 per child)
- An engaging session led by Eureka! staff linked to a particular theme. Themes change each term, see below for further information.
- An hour to explore Eureka!’s galleries
When can you book?
Schools can book to visit Eureka! on Tuesdays to Fridays during term time. Term dates for 2015/2016 are below:
- Autumn: 8 Sept to 18 Dec 2015
- Spring: 5 Jan to 18 March 2016
- Summer: 12 April to 22 July 2016
Choose from either a 10am or 11am arrival time.
What else is included?
- A booked undercover lunch area
- Time to play outside and/or visit the Gift Shop
- 1 free adult with every 3 paying children
Programmes available 22 Sept to 20 Nov 2015:
Cost: £7.25/child, up to 35 children per session
In this 1 hour workshop children will engage their senses with a range of activities connecting with food. They will investigate textures, tastes and smells and use a variety of tools to explore and to make observations and measurements – all wrapped up in sticky, enjoyable and risky play fun!
Download the teacher’s pack for Food for Thought
Sensory Stories – Early Years, Y1, SEN
Cost: £7.25/child, up to 30 children per session
Our Sensory Stories are great fun, multi-sensory and thoroughly interactive! All children like stories and they will love these exciting tales all complimented with sensory activities and delivered by our trained Enablers. They’re ideal for Early Years or children with Special Educational Needs or complex disabilities.
- Bear Hunt
- The Gruffalo’s Child
- Rainbow Fish
- Animal Bop (rhythm and rhymes)
- Room on the Broom
- Polar Bear, Polar Bear
- Aliens Love Underpants
Early Years Galleries Enhancements
Cost: £6.50/child, up to 20 children per session
When you book a visit to one of our Early Years galleries you can also choose to book an Enabler (subject to availability) to support your focus hour who will enhance the gallery themes through the use of exhibits, props, storytelling and song.
Let’s explore… the desert
Take a trip to the Mojave desert to explore Desert Discovery. Gather round the fire pit and tell your fellow adventurers a story, climb inside the cosy cave and say ‘hello’ to a friendly coyote. An imaginative environment offering our youngest visitors the opportunity to explore, build, create and communicate.
Shrink to the size of a caterpillar and explore the SoundGarden! Climb inside the giant honeycomb, investigate the magpie’s nest and create your own butterfly and watch it fly away. There’s lots for little ones to enjoy in this larger than life sensory garden.
- A brand new seasonal show for Under 8s from 1 – 18 Dec 2015. Details to follow.
- Summer Term 2016 – a special Early Years Week in May and ‘Splash!’ – a new session for EY groups focussing on water.
Feedback for our School workshops:
“Had a fantastic time! Well organised and looked after!”
“Reach for the Stars was perfect for the age of our children & it has fuelled the children’s enthusiasm for doing a space topic. We have done a 3 week mini topic which has come out of our visit.”
“The ‘Nature’s stage’ show was really engaging and the whole class (+staff!) enjoyed it. Great outdoor area too.”
Call us on 01422 330012 for more info or to book your visit!
- Primary Visits
- Early Years Visits
- Special Schools
- Home Educators
- Discover: All About Me
- Mission: Active Future
- Education Updates
- Children’s University
The true object of all human life is play." - G. K. Chesterton