Right now, we don’t know when we’ll reopen, but we can assure you that we’ll be ready to welcome you back as soon as it is safe to do so.
We’re looking at ways to keep in touch with you all and will be creating online resources and content to help families in isolation over the coming weeks and months, so watch this space!
Keep in touch with us on our social channels and website, where we’ll be sure to keep you updated. For more info visit: www.eureka.org.uk/coronavirus
In the meantime: stay safe & strong – we’ll get through this! See you on the other side. <3
- I’ve booked to visit later this year – what should I do?
We’re looking ahead and will contact people who have booked online to visit during our closure period, and will automatically refund your online purchase. If you have booked online to visit later this year, but have not heard from us to confirm your refund by 31 March, please forward your booking reference to firstname.lastname@example.org
- I have an annual pass – will it be extended?
Yes, we will extend all annual passes to account for the closure period.
- I’ve booked a school or group visit – what should I do?
Contact us on email@example.com and we will arrange to defer your visit to later in the year.
- Will the Eureka! car park and grounds remain open?
The car park remains open, but for security reasons we are unable to keep the grounds open.
Coronavirus information for parents and carers
Here are a few resources that we’ve come across that we think are really useful to use with children:
- Children’s museums in Italy have teamed up to create “Coronavirus: A Curious Guide for Courageous Kids” – definitely worth reading with your children if they are at all worried or asking questions. Visit the Hands-On International website to download versions in English, Italian or German.
- CBBC Newsround have got some great, regularly updated resources for you to watch with your children.